Although much of the nation has seen an increase in home sales, there are still areas in the United States that are dealing with sluggish markets. If you find yourself in this situation, it may be better to surrender the property rather than try to satisfy the loan obligations. But be careful. Why? Because discharging the debt may lead to unwelcome tax consequences.
The Fall 2013 Real Estate Newsletter features “Buyer Beware” by Mike Kovacs and Christie Gricius. They forewarn prospective buyers of the unexpected costs that can come with purchasing investment property and strategies to avoid them.
- Alternative Financial Metrics to Consider in Real Estate Purchases by Kathy Jeziorski, CPA
- Joining the ORBA Team by Frank Washelesky, CPA, JD
- Spotlight on the Research Credit by Anna Coldwell, CPA
- Law Firm Group Newsletter – Winter 2017 by Kal Shiner, CPA
- Prioritize Your Tasks by 'Eating Your Frogs' First by Annie Gant, MBA